- Available in: Spanish, English
About the guru Yunet
Hi, my name is Yunet, I'm a well experienced and professional tour guide, 100 % Cuban, and like any Cuban I'm very joyful, and i love dancing, singing, sharing my culture, customs, traditions, the everyday's life of the Cubans, the history of this gorgeous city named Havana and Cuba as a whole. Sharing my knowledge and experience with all the friends who visit us is one of t... More »
Hi, my name is Yunet, I'm a well experienced and professional tour guide, 100 % Cuban, and like any Cuban I'm very joyful, and i love dancing, singing, sharing my culture, customs, traditions, the everyday's life of the Cubans, the history of this gorgeous city named Havana and Cuba as a whole. Sharing my knowledge and experience with all the friends who visit us is one of the things I love the most. I'm very passionate for what I do, and I always try to transmit such passion I feel for my Wonderful and World Heritage city.
About the tour
A must do when someone visits the breathtaking city of Havana is to walk through its colonial and always charming old core, declared by UNESCO, along with its defensive fortification system (fortresses), as World Heritage back in 1982.
I invite you to come along through this magic tour that will last 2 hours and a half, but that will leave you eager to have more. We will basically walk through the main four Plazas built during the late XVI and early XVII centuries; and the streets that interconnect them all, and we are going to be able to interact with its wonderful colonial architecture, characters dressed like in the old times, streets made out of cobblestones, stained glasses. All so colorful and so harmoniously refurbished always following its architectural patterns and original elements and facades, thanks to the great work of the historian of our city.
The starting point is at the intersection of Avenida de Bélgica and San Juan de Dios streets in a small park, located right next to the famous Bacardi building, the one with the Bat Symbol on top, jewel of the Art Deco architecture in Cuba, and owned by Emilio Bacardi, manufacturer of the world wide famous Bacardi Rum.
At the end of the tour I can gladly recommend you very good places to have lunch or dinner with great offers of authentic Cuban food with also great prices.
Our itinerary is rather flexible. It includes but is not limited to:
1. Obispo Street, a pedestrian street always crowded with both, Cubans and foreigners with private and government businesses running everywhere.
2. Bar Floridita, and La Bodeguita del Medio two of the favorite places for the American Nobel Prize in literature Ernest Hemingway, who loved drinking the world wide famous Cuban cocktails Daiquiri and Mojito. He always used to say, Daiquiri at El Floridita and Mojitos at La Bodeguita.
3. Plaza de Armas, Arms Square, which comprises the foundational spot of the city, the oldest fortress built by the Spanish in the Americas, the city museum, a natural sciences museum, among other spots of interest.
4. San Francisco de Asisis Plaza, Saint Francis de Asisis Plaza, also known as the Pigeons Plaza, with its former Franciscan Church, where nowadays there is a Chamber Music Hall, the former Stock market and the Cruise Terminal next to it.
5. Plaza Vieja, Old Plaza, very colorful and perfect for those who love different kind of architectures, which vary from baroque style, to Art Nouveau and eclectic style architecture.
6. Plaza de la Catedral, Cathedral Plaza, a religious Square comprising the main religious institution of Cuba, as well as the oldest houses built in the city, all of these premises built in baroque style.
Please bring water, a hat or a cap or an umbrella, or the combination of all them all; comfortable shoes and clothing, sunscreen and anything else you can think of to get protected from the Caribbean sun.
Bring also some cash in case you see something that might interest you such as a souvenir, food, more water, a cup of coffe, etc.
I'll be waiting for you at the starting point. Sometimes because of availability reasons, I won´t be able to join you during the tour, but don´t worry, because when I cannot be there, I have other well experienced tourguides, who can make the tour with you. If that´s the case, I´ll always let you know in advanced, who the tour guide will be.
Please try always to be on time, but in case that, for some reason you won´t make it on time to the starting point, don´t worry, I´ll be waiting for you half an hour later of the schedule time.
To make it easier to recognize you at the starting point, and if you feel you want to do it, please send a picture of yourself to either my email or my Whatsapp
Book already!!! There is so much fun and excitement waiting for you. I cannot wait to meeting you!!!!
In case you need to have the tour outside the schedule hours, please feel free to contact me in order to arrange your walking tour according to my availability.
In case you want to complement this walking tour with a vintage car tour on American convertible cars, something you shouldn’t miss while in the city of Havana, please click here:
What's the price?